Sunday, June 22, 2008

Starting Strength

Whether you are a novice lifter or you have been lifting your whole life, I highly recommend reading Starting Strength by Mark Rippoetoe and Lon Kilgore. It is extremely informative and descriptive on the back squat, the deadlift, the press, the bench press, and the powerclean. Not only that, it is written very clearly so that anyone could understand it. So what are you waiting for???...go get it!

***Tomorrow - Free Crossfit Total Clinic! Meet tomorrow in front of the UCSB REC CENTER @ 6PM

W.O.D Monday 6/23/08

Crossfit Total (aka "CFT")

Back squat, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep

Nicole and Zac hitting up the CFT

11 comments:

Unknown said...

the day I press 105lbs you guys are throwing me a party.

CJ said...

Sounds like a plan to me!

Migs said...

i'll buy the beer.

Matthew J. Crossley said...

So party tonight?

Unknown said...

party from my hospital bed...yeah!

Matthew J. Crossley said...

It can be a Jello party. Don't worry, I'll bring some protein powder to make it zone.

CJ said...

WOD (1 of 2):

"Jackie" As Rx'd - 7:45...not a PR
(this should be under 7, I just mentally pussed out on the thrusters)

Then "L"-sits

**Side Note: I will be doing 2 workouts a day for this next week. Not because I will benefit physically from it - I actually expect to lose some conditioning from overtraining - but because I need to train myself to mentally be able to do several workouts in a day like I will be doing 12 days from now at the games.

Brian said...

I have a copy of "Starting Strength". Hit me up if you want to borrow it.

CJ said...

WOD #2: CFT

BS - 355
DL - 400 PR
SP - 175

Total - 930

Unknown said...

that was so much fun! congratulations to everyone for kickin' ass and thanks for inspiring a "yes, I can" state of mind!

Squat:100 PR
Deadlift: 135 PR
SP: 55 PR -this will increase dramatically (I hope) as my shoulder gets stronger

Migs said...

cft

squat 265
dead 315
press 155

total 735