Monday, June 2, 2008

FRAN

It's "Fran" time! No single workout is, by itself, completely accurate in predicting someone's overall fitness level. That being said, "Fran" provides a pretty strong measurement to see how fit you are. As anybody who has tried this innocent looking couplet knows, it can throw a brutal beating. Use caution if it is your first time at it. There is no shame in taking 60 minutes to grind this one out. Just break it up into manageable pieces and chip away at it. More than anything else, give it your absolute all!

Crossfit Trivia Question #7 (4 points): What natural everyday movement is the kettlebell swing most similar to?

W.O.D Tuesday 6/3/08

"Fran"
For Time
21-15-9 of:
Thrusters (m: 95#, w:65#)
Pull-ups

A classic "Fran" production

10 comments:

Migs said...

Vertical jumping

Migs said...

SP 115/130/130/140/140
PP 130/130/135/140/145...and DNF

Experienced "chestal breakdown" yesterday during workout, and re-aggravated a nagging sternum injury.

Plan was to start light and work up, but hurt on first lift. Tried to push through pain. Bad idea...now on lots of ibuprofen.

kenshen said...

there goes miguel again, with his cheating ways. =) i personally think kettlebells are like that swing-dance move where you swing your partner from between your legs up into the air. i bet that's the answer colin and huff were looking for.

much thanks to faith for pushing me to a PR on fran today: 6:56 with 75# thrusters. and she crushed her own PR! hope the rest of you dominate fran today, too!

Dana said...

Fran looks like a killer! Can't wait to try it out for the first time.

Faith said...

Gotta love Fran--I think Ken and I both spent a good few minutes just working up the nerve to attack it.

6:01
Modifications: 30# Thrusters, Assisted Pull-ups (40#)

Even though I increased weight from the normal 20# I use for thrusters, probably could have increased it more.

Thanks to both Ken and Colin for the support, I know I pushed myself so much more than I would have on my own.

CJ said...

4 more points to you Miguel. Your becoming a trivia master!

Did "Fran" today...got a new PR

3:46

kenshen said...

holy crap, colin, that is burly work.

Anonymous said...

cj you are ballin' up. nice work. no fran for me today cause i get the pleasure of doing it at the cert this weekend...i made up celebration as rx'd 14:35. so much fun. i cant wait to be less busy this summer so i can start working out with you guys again!

Matthew J. Crossley said...

Fran (As rx'd):

7:20

I don't have a recent Fran time to compare this to... but when I did it a year ago it took around 20 minutes. I am very pleased with 7:20:)

Anonymous said...

Ken, Faith, Colin (holy $%@#), and Matt...

Amazing job with the PR's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick...I'm with you brother. I skipped "Fran" today as well (I have a feeling that a date with "Fran" is right around the corner).

I made up "Celebration" today:

14:27