Monday, January 28, 2008

The Hunt

Since I have come back to Santa Barbara after my winter break, I have been on a hunt to find other crossfitters. So far I have found 3 (technically 4 but I have not met her yet). Added on to that I've been training my friend Matt 4-5 days a week, and have recently been approached by several other guys in the gym. All of whom are interested in what I've been doing and teaching my friend. I usually talk to them for a while about it and give them my email if they want to know more.

I have heard rumors a while ago about some trainers who were interested in CrossFit and maybe wanted to start something up down here. I've have tried hard to find them but still have had no luck. I do think I am getting closer though, the fitness director at a gym down here, which is where my searching has led me to next, is supposed to call me back soon with information about their trainers (I told them that I was interested in joining there gym if I found a trainer there who knew about CrossFit; although that is far away from the truth). So hopefully I'll get lucky this time!

Yesterday's workout:

"Nancy" 5 Rounds for time:
400m run
15 OHS (95#)

Time - 16:44 (PR by almost 2 minutes!)

I'm always excited when I hit a personal record but I am especially proud about this one because it shows me that my running is finally making some improvements.

1 comment:

T Miller said...

Hey CJ,
Nice time on Nancy. We recently did sprinting Nancy and I can wait awhile before doing 95# OHS again. Looking forward to Helen again though. That's my favorite running workout.
-T