Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mental Fitness

WOD: "Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats

Personal Record: 21
Todays Score: 18

I can only ask myself what happened? Maybe it was yesterday when I ate "off the zone" at Costco. Maybe it was the crappy grip I had on the 2 inch bar? Maybe my calluses were soft from the wet grass on which I did my pullups?....OR MAYBE IT IS JUST ME!

Is there something I did wrong mentally? I think this must be the case. It is easy to blame your problems on the things around you but in reality, it is mostly yourself which is at fault. I felt good going into this workout mentally, I was pumped up. Maybe I've become dependent on working out with outher people after my winter break in Santa Cruz. I just cannot be sure but it leaves me very worried. Very rarely do I fall so far behind a PR and usually I create a new one. I think I will use tomorrow's rest day to gather my thoughts together and create a gameplan to increase my mental fitness so I can continue to break records.....CJ

1 comment:

T Miller said...

Good post. For me I always need that feeling of competition. It should be enough to just compete against youself, but its not always that way. My next post (hopefully tonight, I've been to busy to get it in lately)is going to be on that very subject. Nice blog, keep it up.............Troy