Saturday, January 12, 2008

Jumping the Night Away


I finally received the Buddy Lee Jump Rope I ordered 2 weeks ago! I can't wait to develop myself with it and be able to do all of the variations I have read about from articles in the CrossFit Journal. I'm starting his 6-week program to 500 single jumps (except I'm starting on week 3). I practically went crazy jump roping tonight with this thing!

Yesterday, I gave "Fran" my first try in 2 months and got a new PR (5:31). At first I was pretty disappointed in myself because I only beat my last time by 9 seconds, but now I've come to realize that maybe it was harder this time around. Before I came to SC for the holidays, I didn't have the full ROM for my pull-ups that I do now, and that means I'm doing more work which might explain why my new PR wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Either that, or I'm just a pussy... But I doubt it.

Other then that, I went to the park today with some of my friends and played a very hard-hitting game of Tackle Football. I got some good hits in and scored a few TD's. I feel sore and exhausted but it was way too much fun. After that I headed to the gym and completed the following WOD:
20 Single-Arm Snatches (each arm) 25 Pounds
5 Dips
15 Single-Arm Snatches (each arm)
10 Dips
10 Single-Arm Snatches (each arm)
15 Dips
5 Single-Arm Snatches (each arm)
20 Dips

Time: 11:50 - next time i'll use more weight and maybe do Ring Dips

1 comment:

T Miller said...

I can't wait to do Fran again. I'll be happy with anything sub 7 though. Sounds like your on your way to a sub 5, good job.
-T