Friday, January 18, 2008

Education

It is important to always try to learn more about your passion. There is always more knowledge to gain and it is up to YOU to make sure you have access to it . Here are my classes and how they relate to my passion:

Social Psychology: It is extremely useful to understand the implications of Social Psychology. I am lucky to be able to work and learn under one of the BEST in the field, Dr. Blascovitch, creator of the BioPsychoSocial Model. This has huge implications on how social activity increases and decreases our health. It is also great to know motivation techniques and how different peoples minds work. Very interesting stuff, and great applications to the personal trainer.

Health Psychology: There is a huge amount of evidence that most diseases come psychologically and therefore there are many ways, using your mind, to counteract sickness. It is incredible what the mind can do! If you diet and crossfit, you MUST read up on Health Psychology and its incredible implications on longevity and health.

Anatomy for Fitness: Great class to be able to learn all the bones, muscles, joints and how they work together. Irreplaceable knowledge to have as a personal trainer. A must! In this way, human movement can become all the more clearer (+ I am finally being able to understand more of the logic and descriptions used in Starting Strenth).

Public Speaking: What a greater way for practice and understanding of speaking in public. This allows me to develop my ability to communicate to others and create more understanding and motivation.

Basically, I feel that going to college can do nothing but increase my abilities to become the best trainer I can be. It's great that I have the education I want and to know I will be able to use it to be an incredible trainer.


WOD:
JumpRope Practice: 5 x 150 Basic Bounce (1 min rest b/w sets)
5 x 75 Alternate Step (1 min rest b/w sets)
5 x 15 Double Unders (1 min rest b/w sets)

Find Max Back Squat: 3-3-2-2-1-1-1-1:
Heaviest weight: 350 (tried 365 but failed) - not my PR but was with my best form which is what matters most.

Tabata Box Jumps (2.5 feet)

No comments: