Thursday, January 3, 2008

Last Day In SC? Maybe...


I can't believe I already have to leave Santa Cruz tomorrow (possibly Saturday) and head back to my other home in Santa Barbara. I'm really gonna miss being able to work out at such the great facility North Santa Cruz Crossfit has. I want to say thank you to Brendan Gilliam, Dan Grant, Robin Boose, Ronnie Boose, and an even larger thank you to Jason Highbarger. All of them helped me out so much over these past few weeks and I've really enjoyed working out with all of them. Not only did Jason help me and motivate me on many of my workouts, but he's also given me contact to some guys in Santa Barbara who do CrossFit as well. Hopefully that means not as many solo workouts as I've had the past three months! (In fact, down there it is extremely rare that I can ever drag someone out to do a crossfit workout with me). I'd also like to thank all of the other members at NSC CrossFit. They all provided so much encouragement; they will be greatly missed when I leave.

NSC WOD:
25 Power Cleans (#95)
25 Jerks (#95)
20 Power Cleans
20 Jerks
15 Power Cleans
15 Jerks
1000 m Row

Time: 21:13

After the first set of power cleans, I broke everything down into sets of 5 to keep a good pace. It worked pretty well and I am genuinely happy with my time. Thank you Robin for cleaning up my form and motivating me to bust through this!....CJ

No comments: