Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MUSCLE UP!


I finally accomplished my first muscle-up today... actually I accomplished my first 3! It was such a good feeling, I just wanted to keep doing them all day.

Yesterdays Workout: 10 X 100M Row Sprints (2.5 minute rests between)
Fastest Time: 18.5 Seconds.

Afterwards, I practiced the Snatch

Today I started with MuscleUps, then proceeded to work on my jump ropes:
5 x 100 Basic Bounce
5 x 50 Alternate Bounce
5 x 10 Double-Unders

Then I went out and set a new personal record (by over a minute!) on my 5K run: 22:26

On top of all that good news, yesterday I got in touch and met with an administrator at my school who does CrossFit with his wife. We plan on meeting up again soon to workout. He also, very kindly, introduced me to a graduate student mountain climber down here who also does CrossFit. All of a sudden, I've been introduced to the growing tree of Crossfitters down here! I'm Pumped!

Oh ya, and for my rest day tomorrow, I get to see Michael Pollan, author of The Omnivore's Dilemma, in a lecture at my school.

And then...my friends are coming down from SC for the three day weekend to look for a house with me for next year!

Can this week get any better? I bet it can......CJ

4 comments:

Patrick D. said...

Congrats on the MU!

CJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

thanks patrick, it felt good! Good luck on your training for the 1600m, I bet you'll kick ass

Patrick D. said...

Actually, right now I'm sucking pretty badly. Haha. I'm having trouble getting my 200m down to the requisite 25-27s I need before getting the endurance to run a full 1600m. My record so far is just barely sub-30s. I've made some recent training adjustments (less strength work since I was doing more than I could handle, and more MetCon), so we'll see how it turns out.