Monday, July 7, 2008

Back From The Games!

The 2008 Crossfit Games was an incredible event. The competition this year was impressive. To put things in perspective, AFT, the 2nd place Male winner from last year, came in 37th. OPT, last year's winner, did not even break the top ten. I really cannot do justice in describing just how exciting and entertaining the games were. The performances I witnessed were amazing from watching 14 year old Kallista Pappas push out thirty 100 pound clean and jerks, to seeing Jason Khalipa come back from far behind to win the games in the final event. I've never been to an event that made so many people cry just watching the will these athletes put forth. I have never been more inspired.

So now I'm back and eager to get training more than ever for the 2009 Games! Huff and I have talked about it and we will be treating this year leading up to the games as if we were training for the Olympics. We will be training much harder and smarter than ever before; and with a new level of intensity. We hope that you will join with us in our effort to prepare for the games and that you compete next year as well. And yes, the 2009 games will be held in Aromas again.

So... lets get started!
W.O.D Tuesday 7/8/08

"Cindy", as many rounds in 20 minutes of:
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats

Post number of rounds completed to comments


11 comments:

Migs said...

Colin,

Excellent job! Way to represent and step up to the challenge. I'm sorry that I missed you in action.

Let's get started for next year!

Of course, I'm hoping that by then they will have a 35+ group so that I don't get crushed by the youngsters...

kenshen said...

can't wait for CFSB to represent next year!

you read my mind: i'd already planned on doing cindy tomorrow to get back into the swing of things.

CrossFit SB said...

Yea awesome job! I saw the standings, we were there only for a short while. We were staying in watsonville at the bluffs,so it was a short drive. Keep training hard, I'm trying to get Madeline to compete next year or maybe we can partner up and do the team challenge from our area.Take care

Brian said...

I think Colin is being modest. I looked at the final scores he did quite well.

Unknown said...

Amazing job Colin!! We had so much fun checking the results over the weekend :-)

kenshen said...

16 rounds + 5 pull-ups. better yet, i got nada to go with me.

Migs said...

how many did she get through?

kenshen said...

12, she thinks, with gravitron pull-ups / lat pull-downs.

Migs said...

nice!

CJ said...

Thanks for the support guys! I can't wait to watch and cheer on hopefully many of you as you compete at the 2009 Games.

Today's WOD:
Cindy:
Score - 24 Rounds (tied PR)
then,
Tabata L-Sits (6 rounds):
Score - 10 Seconds

Anonymous said...

We're Back...

WOW! What a trip!

But first--CJ, you kick ass. I know I've told you a million times already, but you did an amazing job my friend! I had my cell phone glued to my body all weekend for your updates. I wish I could of been there. Next year has started...YES!!!

I'm so excited to get back with the crew and punish ourselves :)